Click on the titles to expand.
The U19 Colorado Springs program is cross country mountain bike focused for intermediate to advanced athletes aged 15-18. Practices take place once a week with local and regional race support. New members will need to submit an interest form prior to being able to register. The process insures a consistent level of abilities, thus allowing coaches to better support the athletes.
• Wednesday Evenings
• Occasional Adventure Rides on Weekends
• Based in Colorado Springs and Surrounding Areas
• Coach Support at Local Colorado Events and Pro XCT Races
• Camp Opportunities Domestically and in Canada or Europe
• A Jersey is included with membership with other items recommended but not required. Multiple store openings will take place, get in the earliest possible to have your jersey on time.
• Membership discounts available for families
• Racing is not required but highly recommended
• Discount opportunities with Summit Bike Club sponsors
Practices: February 7 – July 18
- Early Registration: $450 (by January 31st)
- Regular Registration: $500 (after January 31st)
A refund of up to $50 will be provided after completion of volunteer work and registration discounts available for families.
Full payment or installment plan available upon checkout.
Jay Hakala: Chapter Lead
MJ Turner: SBC Director
Founder at Matheny Endurance, USAC Level 1 coach and Pro MTB racer; competing since 1996 & coaching since 2004. Philosophy rooted from experience in-the-trenches to real-world application of the science.
Russell has been racing mountain bikes professionally for 8 years. He has won 5 National Championships, Pan Am Championships, has represented the United States in 7 World Championships and was a member of the US Olympic Long Team.
Hayley is a Colorado College student and captain of the collegiate team for 3 years. Originally from California she began racing when she moved to Colorado. As a pro in XC and a cat 2 in road, she loves all types of two wheels.
After submitting your interest form, we will send you a registration link based on your age and experience.
“My experiences with Summit Bike Club have been nothing short of impactful and memorable. It has given me a platform to develop as a competitive cyclist and ambassador for the sport, while becoming more independent and adventurous as well.”Nic Jenkins
Recent U19 Colorado Springs Blog Posts
Finding Balance as a Student Athlete
We're heading into riding season for 2019! Learn how to keep balance in life as a junior athlete.