Click on the titles to expand.
The U19 Colorado Springs program is cross country mountain bike focused for intermediate to advanced athletes aged 15-18. Practices take place once a week with local and regional race support. New members will need to submit an interest form prior to being able to register. The process insures a consistent level of abilities, thus allowing coaches to better support the athletes.
• Wednesday Evenings
• Occasional Adventure Rides on Weekends
• Based in Colorado Springs and Surrounding Areas
• Coach Support at Local Colorado Events and Pro XCT Races
• Camp Opportunities Domestically and in Canada or Europe
• A Jersey is included with membership with other items recommended but not required. Multiple store openings will take place, get in the earliest possible to have your jersey on time.
• Membership discounts available for families
• Racing is not required but highly recommended
• Discount opportunities with Summit Bike Club sponsors
Practices: February 7 – July 18
- Early Registration: $450 (by January 31st)
- Regular Registration: $500 (after January 31st)
A refund of up to $50 will be provided after completion of volunteer work.
Jay Hakala: Chapter Lead
MJ Turner: SBC Director
Russell has been racing mountain bikes professionally for 8 years. He has won 5 National Championships, Pan Am Championships, has represented the United States in 7 World Championships and was a member of the US Olympic Long Team.
Founder at Matheny Endurance, USAC Level 1 coach and Pro MTB racer; competing since 1996 & coaching since 2004. Philosophy rooted from experience in-the-trenches to real-world application of the science.
After submitting your interest form, we will send you a registration link based on your age and experience.
“My experiences with Summit Bike Club have been nothing short of impactful and memorable. It has given me a platform to develop as a competitive cyclist and ambassador for the sport, while becoming more independent and adventurous as well.”Nic Jenkins
Recent U19 Colorado Springs Blog Posts
Introducing Colorado Springs to the Summit Family
New for 2018, Summit Bike Club is adding a U19 program to the state of Colorado with a base in Colorado Springs. In bringing Summit…