WHAT IS THE NATIONAL TEAM
The Summit National Team consists of riders selected from across Summit Bike Club’s national membership. These riders have shown exceptional sportsmanship, excellence, and passion and are committed to developing their own athletics as well as helping others through their mentorship.
Athletes on the Summit National Team are provided additional support from national sponsors and are required to practice with their regional Race Teams among other higher responsibilities.
U23 Women & Men
Selected from across our national membership, the Summit National Team is a collaboration of riders who have shown exceptional sportsmanship, excellence, and passion. We are excited to support these young athletes, as well as athletes in all chapters, in achieving their cycling dreams!
As members of the Summit National Team, the athletes will be participating with their local Race Teams so they can continue their athletic development alongside an amazing community of like minded athletes.
To join the Summit National Team roster, athletes must fit the following criteria:
- Apply during the application period (Typically around August)
- Be a currently active Summit Bike Club member
- Have been a members for a minimum of one season
- With regular participation with local Race Team
- Be in the following race ages with the following licensing:
- 15-16: Cat 1
- 17-18: Cat 1 with UCI International
- U23+: UCI International Elite
- Event Attendance
- Compete at National Championships
- Compete at a minimum of two National level events (Pro XCTs)
- Be highly communicative, responsible, a positive mentor, have strong work ethic, and a drive to improve.
- At national events, consistently place near the top 10.